Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP 2 stop working with .NET Framework 4.5, email stop working.
By logging in the Exchange Management Console, we will notice that the database is unmounted and you are unable to mount it back on.
To resolve this issue with Microsoft Exchange 2010, you need to update it with the Microsoft Exchange 2010 service pack 3. After which it should start working for you.
Note: Did a further testing on Microsoft Exchange 2010 with SP 1 seems like this issue does not exist.
Not very sure why this is happening and this is the quick fix I figured.
With K2 Blackpearl’s neat function to integrate with Microsoft Sharepoint it allows us to build complex workflow revolving around different line of business system as well as Sharepoint.
But what if we want to share this Workflow with more than 1 site collection?
This may change in future but as of now, at least with Blackpearl version 4.6.4 we are unable to link one workflow project with more than 1 site collection, unless we deploy it across the multiple ones.
The solution: Using a custom event handler from Microsoft Sharepoint and decoupling the integration from the K2 Workflow with Microsoft Sharepoint.
Let me know if anyone need more heads up on this.
Note: This is tested on K2 blackpearl 4.6.5
This link below will show you how you can get a free copy of it and I have no affiliation with the author and by no means do I take any credit for the work.
Recently while overseas at work, I was setting up a distributed environment for a client of mine.
Everything was working fine till I started configuration for the MSDTC (Distributed Transaction Coordinator) on 2 of the Virtual Machines. Both machines just refused to pass data or communicate with each other.
Upon viewing on the Event Viewer, I notice this error.
We found out that the infra guys just copy this VM and change the computer name for it.
1. Start Command Prompt as Administrator
2. Enter and Run the following : MSDTC -uninstall
3. Restart your OS.
4. Again Start the Command Prompt as Administrator
5. Enter and Run the following : MSDTC -install
Just the other day, I was working with the K2 Blackpearl 4.6.
It’s a great product but as with all great product, you need a consultant or a product specialist to help you out with various aspect of it.
I will write an article on this product at a later stage for today, I am just jotting down the technical challenge I faced.
K2 Blackpearl have this great feature that pulls the columns for Microsoft Sharepoint Document Library or LIst into its own Object Browser and format it in XML for your usage with the workflow design.
I was trying to get it to refresh so that the Object Browser updates with the latest columns that I have created in the Sharepoint Document Library.
The easiest way is to rerun the Sharepoint Process Integration Wizard that we ran the first time. This will refresh the Object Browser and allow us access to the latest set of the Sharepoint column.
For more information on K2, I found this site extremely useful as the lack of information on the internet was really a show stopper.
Recently at work, I got back in touch with dealing with Microsoft .NET technology.
Something that I haven’t working on for awhile, long story short the requirements was simple generate report to webpart (Sharepoint) using their custom application database.
Seems fairly simple, but with a fairly complex database schema, I adopted the view approach and leave all complex data manipulation to the SQL Server.
Until I hit the following error,
MAXIMUM RECUSION LIMIT 100 have been reach.
This normally means that you are not able to progress further, after much figuring with the problem. I have found 2 solutions.
1. Data Issue, in my case this was the problem, due to the quality of the sample data. I had to generate my own data sample and it was all good.
2. You will have to add “option (maxrecusion 1000)” after your select statement.
A little bit more on this, the SQL Server maximum recursion is 32767.
By default this value is set as 100, therefore you can set the number anywhere from 0 to 32767.
To bypass this error, you can simply set this to ZERO, but this doesnt mean that the problem goes away.
The reason this error appears means that the sql query that was written have some issue and its best to find the root cause of it.