This is continuation from Part 1.
We have previously created the Storyboard, now we need to configure some settings.
RootViewController.h – Add the following codes
@interface RootViewController : RESideMenu <RESideMenuDelegate
RootViewController.m – Add the following codes
self.menuPreferredStatusBarStyle = UIStatusBarStyleLightContent;
self.contentViewShadowColor = [UIColor blackColor];
self.contentViewShadowOffset = CGSizeMake(0, 0);
self.contentViewShadowOpacity = 0.6;
self.contentViewShadowRadius = 12;
self.contentViewShadowEnabled = YES;
self.contentViewController = [self.storyboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"contentViewController"];
self.leftMenuViewController = [self.storyboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"left"];
self.backgroundImage = [UIImage imageNamed:@"Stars"];
self.delegate = self;
#pragma mark -
#pragma mark RESideMenu Delegate
- (void)sideMenu:(RESideMenu *)sideMenu willShowMenuViewController:(UIViewController *)menuViewController
NSLog(@"willShowMenuViewController: %@", NSStringFromClass([menuViewController class]));
- (void)sideMenu:(RESideMenu *)sideMenu didShowMenuViewController:(UIViewController *)menuViewController
NSLog(@"didShowMenuViewController: %@", NSStringFromClass([menuViewController class]));
- (void)sideMenu:(RESideMenu *)sideMenu willHideMenuViewController:(UIViewController *)menuViewController
NSLog(@"willHideMenuViewController: %@", NSStringFromClass([menuViewController class]));
- (void)sideMenu:(RESideMenu *)sideMenu didHideMenuViewController:(UIViewController *)menuViewController
NSLog(@"didHideMenuViewController: %@", NSStringFromClass([menuViewController class]));
Take note of the leftMenuViewController in the awakeFromNib method. We going to set those identifier to our storyboard’s viewcontroller.
Storyboard – RootViewController
Set the class to RootViewController.
Storyboard – NavigationViewController
Set the StoryboardID to contentViewController.
Storyboard – HomeViewController
- Set both the Class and Storyboard ID.
2. Now add a UIBarItem to your navigation.
3. Link the UIBarItem with the presentLeftMenuAction.
Now you are good to test! Ping me up if you have issue.
In this tutorial, we are going to cover some of the quick and easy way of adding a side menu to your iOS app.
Firstly, let me introduce you to http://www.cocoacontrols.com, this is repository that provides a bunch of custom controls that are designed for iOS and Mac OSx. Sometimes we should not reinvent the wheel, but harness the power of the internet and community around.
Next, we are going use cocoa pods, if you are not sure what that is, head over to the following url -> Raywenderlich’s intro to cocoapod
So I have choose, RESideMenu, an amazing and beautiful control. GitHub – RESideMenu.
Getting Started – Adding RESideMenu to your project
- Adding the library into your project, if you have a pod file add the following:
pod 'RESideMenu', '~> 4.0.7'
- Within your Terminal, browse to your XCode project location and type the following:
- Xcode should generate a xcworkspace extension for you. Moving forward you should be only using this file.
Getting RESideMenu to work
Let create the following files in your project.
- RootViewController – Add New File -> Cocoa Touch Class
- HomeController – Add New File -> Cocoa Touch Class
The above should inherit UIViewController.
Next in your Main.Storyboard, add the following:
It should look like below after you are done.
In the next post, I am going to show you what we need to configure.
Google Adsense allow you to have some ads on your blog or website and allow you to make some money of those ads.
But its not easy to set it up and many a times the information is lacking.
As I was trying to set it up, I got the following error :
The Account is different from the one registered.
I am utterly confused with this, i tried all sort of ways to fix this but to no result.
The final straw to resolve this issue are as following:
1. Go to your wordpress plugin page
2. Deactivate the Google Adsense Plugin.
3. Delete the Google Adsense plugin along with all the data.
4. Select Add New Plugin, re add the google Adsense plugin
5. Sign in to Google Adsense Plugin again and wait for it to verify that you are the webmaster.
Finally, we are done!
1. Create a Podfile in your xcode project root directory. A Podfile is a text blank text file.
2. Next add the libraries into your podfile.
3. Now go to terminal, browse to the location of your Xcode project, enter the following.
4. You should have a .xcworkspace extension created, you should use this workspace project moving forward.